Sunday, August 8, 2010

Welcome to The Constant Outsider Blog, By Thomas M. Cirignano.

Well, I never thought the day would come when I would be starting a blog. Actually, I hate the word "blog." To me, it sounds like something that is stuck in your stomach and you can't get rid of it. :>) But blog is what it's called, so here goes. I would love to hear comments from folks who have read "The Constant Outsider, Memoirs of a South Boston Mechanic." What would really make my day would be to read results from those who actually went through the process of filling-in the blank "Reader's Notes" pages. I am interested in hearing whether those readers learned something about themselves by doing so, just as I did by exploring those deep questions. If you haven't done it yet, it's not too late. Go back to the book and take it step by step. Not familiar with the book? Visit  www.TheConstantOutsider.com  and check it out. As some of you already know, I'm writing a new book as a fictional version of the first one. The writing of "67 Cents, The Alternate Path of The Constant Outsider" is coming along nicely! In this version I will be saying "Yes" to each and every one of the tempting offers that were made to me by the Mob during the 1970s and 80s. You may remember that one of those offers included the killing of a man on my say-so, for just the cost of the bullet, 67 Cents. This will be an experiment to see where those types of decisions would have most likely led me. In life, we all are faced with choices and decisions that can alter the path of our lives. I plan to follow the same format as I did in the first book by including "Reader's Notes" pages for the use of the reader. By inserting these pages I invite you to think back to the decisions you have made in the past and try to imagine where life would have taken you had  different choices been made. That sounds really interesting to me! So, who will be the first to post something here?? I can't wait to find out! Tom C.

6 comments:

  1. The central character of "67 Cents," is taking shape. "Nick" is the inner nemesis of "The Constant Outsider." As the writer, even I am surprised at the things he is capable of!
    Chapter III is underway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tom,I bought the book on Maryellen's say so,I was not dissapointed!I ended up reading it to my wife as we lay in our boat around Buzzards Bay ,evenings.We had a good laugh about the fruit salad...that can happen on a boat,but never on a funnel!!Some of the happenings...I would say you are lucky to still be here! I'm surprised I never heard of you,I from E braintree,a year ahead of you.I did know Ralph Richardi.Anyhow,nice book.Thanks.And thank you ,Maryellen! Peter Bradford

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Peter, I'm glad you enjoyed the book! The fruit salad story almost didn't make it into the book, but my son insisted that it should be included. It certainly makes an impression on every reader I have heard from.
    I appreciate the comments! Thanks, Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Event Invitation!
    "Lakeville Arts Fest" Saturday, October 2nd, 2010
    Author Thomas M. Cirignano will be sharing a tent with the talented group “Authors Without Borders.” Several books, including “The Constant Outsider, Memoirs of a South Boston Mechanic” will be available to glance through. Come and talk with the authors, and share in the music and the great food! Dozens of craftspeople, will also be displaying their works and talking about their crafts. This is the 6th year for this growing event.
    It’s a great and economical way to spend a beautiful fall day with family & friends.
    No admission charge!
    This is a rain or shine event, located in Lakeville, Ma.
    Location: Lakeville's "Old Town House" at the intersection of Rtes.18 & 105.
    From Rte. 495, take exit 5, and head South on Rte.18 for approx. 4 miles, and you’re there!
    Contact: ConstantOutsider@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all who came to the Arts Fest! It was great fun, and a big success.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lakeville Massachusetts:
    This year's "Made In Lakeville" event will be held on Saturday, December 11th, 2010. Local crafts-people will be offering their wares, and great food will be available. Local authors, Lou Garafalo, and Jean Douillette will be there with their exciting books, and Thomas M. Cirignano will be discussing and signing copies of "The Constant Outsider: Memoirs of a South Boston Mechanic." Enjoy lunch, and as you browse, you might just find that unique holiday gift that will set you apart from the crowd! There's plenty of parking at this beautiful facility, and admission is free. So come enjoy and say hi!
    Location: Lakeville Senior Center. 1 Dear Crossing, Lakeville, Ma. 02347
    Directions: At the traffic lights at the intersection of Rte 105 & Rte. 18 take Precinct Street. Senior Center is approximately 1/8 mile on the right. Hope to see you there!
    Sincerely, Tom C. Email: ConstantOutsider@aol.com

    ReplyDelete